Your main duties will involve but not necessarily be limited to the following responsibilities:
Main purpose of job role
Pre-Sales engineer who is passionate about helping clients perfect their multi-cloud and security postures. You will operate across multiple security and cloud vendors with a keen focus on Microsoft’s Security, Azure and modern workplace stack, helping align client’s cloud and security strategies to assist business, protect digital users, assets, data and manage defences against growing threats, while modernizing security and cloud.
You must be a thought leader in cloud and security and be able to engage at multiple levels of the client organization, including C-Level individuals.
Alongside the account management team, you will own the client technical agenda and engage with the client’s security and cloud teams to deliver integrated software and services solutions to achieve client and business goals.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Understand the client problem, understand the context (Listen, Learn, Act)
- Alongside the account team, earn the client’s trust and respect to become their strategic partner and trusted advisor.
- Bring technical expertise and a point-of-view to every opportunity – know the client and industry, and how the technology can enable their transformation
- Extensive experience in Technical Sales, working with sales teams and directly with clients
- Expertise in key security topics, e.g. Azure, M365, Cloud Security, Data Security
- Experience in developing security solutions to meet client business challenges
- Breadth of security architecture experience and achievement with technical depth
- Storytelling, white boarding
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and consultative skills
- Analytical thinking, able to develop and position with facts and evidence
- Ideally possess external security certification(s)
- Certified on Microsoft technologies
- Drive the continued success and growth of the Software Account Team and actively work with clients to deliver results to achieve our company budget as well as client success.
- Present, demo, whiteboard, consult and advise on the Security portfolio to identify and deliver solutions.
- Maintain broad security knowledge as well technical depth in Digital Trust and Threat Management
- Take ownership, be proactive, able to make decisions and take action when needed
- Step up with great confidence, clarity, sustained tenacity and resilience to win against the competition – drawing on our unique value propositions, capabilities and competitive positioning
- Build strategic relations across the wider team to ensure security is embedded into broader client solutions.
- Be a strategic thinker, forever challenging the status quo and our clients to achieve greater success
- Be a continuous learner, security and our clients never stand still
- Build and maintain strong external eminence (white papers, conference presentations, etc.)
Behavioural characteristics and competencies
- Highly motivated, disciplined, and ambitious.
- Wanting to innovate, create value-add and deliver continual service improvement.
- Happy to work remotely as well as physically on site.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to perform well under pressure.
- Ability to learn quickly and mentor more junior colleagues.
- Strong customer service orientation and awareness of service level agreements.
- Able to be persuasive and assertive when needing to explain or defend a technical decision or approach without sacrificing professionalism.
- Attention to detail, highly organised and good prioritisation skills.
- A self-starter used to working in a multi-skilled team environment to meet challenging and time related targets and service measurements.
- Cloud Security
- Data Security
About The Employer:
– Business Transformation is the name of the game.
– One of South Africa’s leading single-source providers of IT products and services.
– Armed with deep knowledge and an extensive skillset in the IT sphere, we help organizations evolve and streamline their business operations through industry-leading hardware and software solutions. By utilizing our broad range of skills and technologies, delivers IT products and services that support business-critical infrastructures and processes to businesses and organizations of all sizes and across every industry.
– What sets us apart is our business model.
– Group comprises an agile network of independently run companies across the three great South African hubs: Johannesburg, Cape Town and KwaZulu-Natal.
– With each company headquarters boasting its own board of directors, executive-level decisions are executed rapidly, and clients have direct access to the Managing Director when needed.
– This distinctive business agility, combined with our corporate pricing benefits, allows us to deliver an unrivalled level of service to our customers. We are really the perfect hybrid – we are uniquely positioned to offer friendly and local customer service, along with the best pricing, afforded to the biggest Tier 1 providers.
– Our goal is to eliminate the pain and hassle of vendor management for our customers, allowing them to direct their focus at higher tier objectives.
– Additionally, our extensive network of trusted partners allows us to provide our customers with the full spectrum of IT-related [URL Removed] RATING:
– We have achieved a Level 1 Contributor status
– We have 51% Black Ownership
– We have 30% Black Woman Ownership
– We have achieved a Procurement Recognition Level of 135%
– We have been rated in accordance with the Department of Trade and Industry’s ICT Sector Codes
Employer & Job Benefits: