IT Infrastructure Lead
The Infrastructure Lead will be responsible for contributing to the continued success of Enterprise Cloud Services by guiding and overseeing infrastructure teams to successfully implement critical projects and to manage day-to-day operations effectively. A successful candidate must have a strong, credible technical background and the ability to effectively lead cross-functional teams.
- This position requires strong business judgment, problem solving and excellent communication skills.
- A track record of delivering results in a fast paced, dynamic environment is a must.
- Ensures that systems, processes and methodologies are maintained, followed to ensure effective monitoring, control and support of service delivery.
- Manage the lifecycle of complex deployments and initiatives.
- Ensure progress toward objectives, KPIs, and commitments to deliver the required product increments and outcomes.
- Collaborate with the process engineering to define processes, operating procedures, and metrics to develop a high-functioning organization.
- Encourage best practice and knowledge sharing with partners and cross-functional groups
- Ability to make recommendations as they pertain to improvements in support/development initiatives and facilitate implementation with partners and cross-functional groups within the Business.
- Ability to understand and translate business requirements into technical specifications
- Plan and implement upgrades needed to maintain service levels.
- Promote and maintain a team environment.
- Recognize problems, develop recommendations and solutions, and oversee correction within assigned specialty.
- Staying current on technology trends
- Oversee the configuration and management of the IT and Cloud Services infrastructure to support requirements in areas such as data retention, security, business continuity, disaster recovery planning/testing, information risk management, mobile device management, hosting and monitoring.
- Degree in IT or related discipline
- In depth ITIL Knowledge
- 5+ years of appropriate experience supporting IT infrastructure and service delivery, preferably with a service provider organisation
- 10 years of experience in all aspects of infrastructure including, but not limited to, Microsoft Management, Linux Management, Database Management, Storage Area Network Management, Firewall Management, Network Design, Network Security, VMware Management, Disaster Recovery Experience and Mobile Device Management
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills; strong public speaker with demonstrated ability to influence other teams
- Ability to establish cross functional, collaborative relationships
- Strong meeting facilitation skills and negotiation skills
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Self-starter who can deliver high-quality results in an ambiguous and rapidly changing environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and problem-solving abilities.
- Storage Area Network
- Network design
- Network Security
- Disaster Recovery
- Mobile Device Management
About The Employer:
– Driven by success
– Team Centric
– Customer focussed
– Top Employer
Employer & Job Benefits:
- Medical Aid